100g (1 cup + 1 heaping tablespoon) chestnut flour
50g (1/2 cup) ground almonds (almond flour)
3 eggs, separate
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
35g (1/2 cup) raw cacao powder
50g (1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons) coconut sugar (more or honey, if you prefer sweeter)
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
25g (3 tablespoons) pine nuts (optional)
3 ripe apricots, peeled and diced
1. Preheat oven to 180C fan (350F).
2. Grease a pie/tart pan.
3. In a clean mixing bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
4. In another mixing bowl, cream the egg yolks, chestnut flour, ground almonds, coconut sugar, raw cacao, baking soda and coconut milk.
5. Fold in the egg whites and blend until the white is no longer showing.
6. Fold in the apricot pieces.
7. Pour into the pie/tart mold.
8. Sprinkle with pine nuts, if desired.
9. Bake for 35-40 minutes on the middle rack.