3 medium-sized eggplants
1/2 cup (130g) tahini (sesame paste)
1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
1/8 teaspoon chile powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
a half bunch picked flat-leaf parsley or cilantro leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 375F (190C).
2. Prick each eggplant a few times.
3. Then char the outside of the eggplants by placing them directly on the flame of a gas burner.
4. As the skin chars, turn them until the eggplants are uniformly-charred on the outside.
5. If you dont have a gas stove, you can char them under the broiler. If not, skip to the next step.
6. Place the eggplants on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until theyre completely soft.
7. You should be able to easily poke a paring knife into them and meet no resistance.
8. Remove from oven and let cool.
9. Split the eggplant and scrape out the pulp.
10. Puree the pulp in a blender or food processor with the other ingredients until smooth.
11. Taste, and season with additional salt and lemon juice, if necessary.