1 red onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2T coconut oil
1 cup pumpkin, roasted
1 stalk broccoli, chopped
8-16 stalks asparagus, chopped
(Other similar veggies could be substituted for the above options, i.e. cauliflower, capsicum, sweet potato)
3T mild curry powder
1T chopped chillies, or chili flakes/paste
1 can coconut cream
Salt & pepper to taste
1. In a large, heavy-based saucepan, heat coconut oil until melted. Add onion and garlic, and saute until fragrant.
2. Add curry powder, chillies and paprika, and stir well.
3. Add veggies to the pan, and fry gently for a minute.
4. Empty can of coconut cream into the pan, then fill the can with water and pour into the pan.
5. Bring to the boil.
6. When vegetables are cooked thoroughly, remove pan from heat.
7. With a stick blender or by pouring the soup into a food processor, blend until vegetables are pureed.