8 pieces Bacon, thick-sliced
1 1/4 lb Ground Beef, 80-85% lean
2 Tbsp Tessemae's Slow Roasted Garlic Spread
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Tessemae's Ketchup, to taste
1 whole Avocado, sliced
1 bunch Romaine Lettuce, or red leaf lettuce
1. In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
2. Heat grill to medium-high. Divide the beef into 4 patties.
3. Make a deep indent in each piece and fill each with ½ tablespoon of Slow Roasted Garlic.
4. Gently fold the meat over the garlic and shape each piece in to a thin, flat patty.
5. Season patties with salt and pepper.
6. Oil the grill and cook the patties about 3 minutes a side for medium. Do not flip them if they are sticking, cook a little longer on the first side until they un-stick, then cook a little less on the second side.
7. Serve the burgers on lettuce with the avocado, bacon, and plenty of ketchup.